Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May Baskets, New Vignettes, and This Week's Spring Cleaning Commitment



Beautiful, precious, sweet things bring so much joy to my day when I look at them or display them...Yesterday I got this beautiful teacup. I LOVE it. And as if it could get any sweeter, I realized when I got home that it matches the PERFECT teapot my mom gave me for my birtday (you can see it in the background). Thank goodness for the simple loveliness in life...



Here is a little woodland vignette I created this weekend in my kitchen above my sink. I used some of the left over flowers from making May Baskets (see below) on May Day (Beltane) and the most precious, amazing little ceramic mushrooms that my dear friend Gabriela sent me for my birthday. They are the cutest ever!



Also very dear to my heart is this little heart bowl that Gabby MADE for me!! What a treasure! I will have it forever, and then pass it down...






My Dad gave me this little antique cast-iron sea gull that belonged to my great-grandmother. She loved birds and nature, and had many of the same interests I have.






He also gave me this little vintage bird vase that belonged to my great-Grammy as well..




Here is Spoof sitting with my new little collection of antique gardening books given to me by Preston's mom's sweetheart John. They are all still in their original jackets! :)



May 1st was Beltane, or May Day. I love celebrating the earth, and all of its changes and seasons and all they symbolize. Here is my little altar/coffee table decoration for May 1st...






I woke up on May Day buzzing with excitement to create May Baskets to leave for my neighbors. After a few minutes of heartstorming their design, this is what I came up with. I love how they came out, and as I spent the morning making them and delivering them I was so filled with passion and joy and I felt so on purpose. I love giving gifts for no reason. It sets me on fire!! I know I need to use my creativity more to make suprise gifts for others. I am so happy when I am creating!! I loved their design so much that I'm also thinking about selling the baskets as wedding/party decorations . Here they are....





I made the baskets out of used Whole Foods grocery bags inside out, and adorned them with ribbons...



I found the most wonderful flowers to fill the baskets with. They had a wild and woodland look about them...like a fairy gathered them...that was what I was going for...




The heart hanging on the side reads, "Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet, and the winds long to play with your hair" ~Kahlil Gibran (One of my favorite quotes)





I added a bit of moss as well around the top...


And then I delivered them... I was very sneaky, though, somehow a few neighbors guessed it was me and I got phone calls later. I must be putting off the fairy vibe. I told them it was the May Fairy.



This Week's Spring Cleaning Commitment Challenge:



My Spring Cleaning Commitment for this last week was to clean out/organize my junk drawer, and I am happy to report that I did it!! Now the drawer opens, and I can acutally get the things I need without digging... *sigh*


How did you do with this week's commitment to yourself? What will your new commitment for this week be? Leave a comment!


This week I commit to cleaning out/organizing the medicine cabinet and under-sink cabinets in my bathroom. We have a teeny-tiny little bathroom and everything bathroom related goes into that one medicine cabinet and under sink cabinet. So you can imagine that after over a year without attention, well, need I say more? Its a mess. I will be so happy to have it back in order.


Have a wonderful week, and Blessed Spring!


Love,

Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails