Saturday, May 1, 2010

Various Spring Vignettes


My decorating is very nature-inspired, and I especially love this time of year...



I have been picking up a boquet of Ranunculus flowers from Whole Foods each time I go shopping, and they bring moments of joy and pure presence to me each time I see them. They are one of my very favorite flowers and I love to arrange them in all my little vases...



On the coffee table, a beautiful slate my husband rescued from being taken to the landfill, with a little nest (nests are my favorite symbol right now), and a sweet cast-iron feather I bought at a wonderful shop in downtown Ventura, California called B on Main that I always insist on visiting every time I go to see my sister Annie and her husband.



Little built-in shelves to the side of our fireplace provide the perfect space for creating little worlds of interest. Here, a wild turkey feather I found several years ago while walking the trails at Unity Village in Missouri, a beautiful gold-leafed frame my dad hand-leafed and gave me one Christmas that just seems to be art enough by itself, and two lovely stone candle holders given to us by our brother-in-law Kevin.



Precious treasures: One of my favorite little books in the world, Keep Life Simple Therapy, an Elf-help Book, and a little ceramic deer my dad gave me.



A beautiful photograph taken by my husband Preston that he framed and gave to me for Christmas this year. It adds so much brightness to my day whenever I see it. Visit his Etsy shop to order this photograph, or choose from many other beautiful and unique fine art photographs: http://www.stohsphotography.etsy.com/



I always get so much joy from filling my fruit bowl full of fresh fruits right after grocery shopping. When I shop for fruit, I look for the colorful and interesting ones and arrange them in the bowl as if it were an art piece in itself. :)







Sweet little hand-thrown miniature vases I bought this summer while we were visiting Zion National Park in Utah. Tucked inside one of the pots is an absolutely precious and beautiful hand-painted matchbox by MaryHanks on Etsy, that I fell in love with, and my sister and her husband got me for Christmas last year. I love and cherish sweet little things that could be ordinary, but are made extraordinary. It always brings me joy to use my little matchbox.

2 comments:

  1. We must be "birds of a feather..." I too just LOVE the ranunculus, decorating with my precious handmade pottery pieces and fruits...!Thanks for featuring the matchbox in in your beautiful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, my blog has moved but I had trouble posting with that sign-in, http://maryhanks.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails